We've been in our new house almost two years and now have a good idea of renovations we want to make (the first being the Studio). Most of our renovations will be cosmetic because the bones of this house (1994) are solid and no major reno's outside of the furnace are required.
My wife really wanted to start with our living room and kitchen and just recently we completed the fireplace makeover. As you can see from the before picture, it's ugly golden oak with black/grey stone and was in serious need of updating. The after picture shows the whitewashed stone, simplified clean mantle and removal of the brass on the fireplace doors.
Materials and Equipment used on this renovation were:
- Benjamin Moore Advance paint for the mantel
- CIL Premium White Primer paint for the whitewash
- Rust-Oleum Auto High Heat Flat Black spray paint
- Spare plywood I had to cover the left and right column area
- Fuji MiniMite 4 Platinum Spray System
- Decor on top was mostly purchased from HomeSense, Ikea and Walmart